In order to qualify for a place on the programme for 2023 edition, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a Bachelor or Master student (not PhD) in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics and should have completed, by the European Summer 2023, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during European summer 2023 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User or other status) for more than 3 months and you have not been previously a Summer Student at CERN
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply for this Summer Student Programme. The dedicated vacancy notice will be published in autumn (early November at the latest) here.
- A CV in either English or French (CV tips).
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your grades (if you download it from your university portal please make sure the document is not protected so that we can open it).
- Two mandatory reference letters (dated less than 12 months), from your lecturers and/or previous internships.